Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Headphones are an indispensable element of equipment for gamers, not only because they should avoid spreading noise outside the room. Headphones allow the gamer to immerse themselves in the game and are equipped with a micro that allows participation in team chat. Headphones like this don’t have to be expensive. Here we present you the best cheap headphones under 100 euros. Criteria for assessing gaming headsets include:
- Seat and comfort
1. The favorite: HyperX Cloud Alpha
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers for clearer tones and less interference
- Famous, award-winning HyperX convenience
- Durable aluminum frame with adjustable bracket; Detachable noise-canceling microphone
Kingston Technology Corporation of California owns a gaming division that supplies excellent gaming accessories. The clear favorite comes from this experienced company, the HyperX Cloud Alpha gaming headset.
The visual impression and the feel give you the impression that you have bought a professional device. The wearing comfort of the device, which surrounds the ears with artificial leather, is outstanding due to the low weight of the aluminum construction, even after hours of playing the set is not annoying and sits comfortably on the ears, but without firm pressure.
The noise-canceling microphone is built for team discussions, is easy to understand and has a slightly muffled sound. If it is not needed, it can be removed from the headset just like the cable. Practical inline controls for controlling the headset volume are installed directly on the cable.
The basses are controlled in the double chamber system via a separate loudspeaker, so that they do not overlap or distort the mids and highs. The acoustic properties are well above average for this price range. The headphones convince with a rich sound, the mids sound transparent and the highs sound decent, but could do with a little more pronounced character. The local position of acoustically occurring opponents can be precisely determined. The headphones are also good for video and movies. The frequency range covered is excellent for a gaming set with 12-27,000 Hertz, the volume at 98 dB. Because of all these properties, the device with its jack plugs is one of the most popular gaming headsets.
2. Second place: Sennheiser GSP 300
- EXCELLENT AND DYNAMIC SOUND QUALITY – The wired GSP 300 gaming headset convinces with extraordinary sound quality and crystal clear sound. Sennheiser’s famous acoustic technology with a closed design and the suppression of any background noise offers you a realistic gaming atmosphere
- EXCEPTIONAL BASS – Improved bass performance with clear sound enhances the in-game sound experience
- FLIP-TO-MUTE MICROPHONE – A flawless broadcast quality and the noise canceling microphone, which prevents any breathing and background noise when communicating with your fellow players, offers the automatic microphone muting by simply lifting the microphone boom (10-15,000 Hz)
The design and the color contrasts on the Sennheiser are chic. The headset is well made and stable, but is made of plastic. If the microphone is annoying and not needed, it can be folded away and is automatically muted. With a weight of only 290 grams, the headphones sit comfortably light on the head and will not disturb you even during long sessions. The length of the headband is adjustable, the headband is soft and comfortable to wear over the head pad. Overall, these headphones are rather elegant and simple.
The volume is controlled by a rotary switch on the auricle. The connection is made via separate jack plugs for microphone and headphones, adapters for the four-pole jack plug are included. The sound can meet the high expectations placed on the Sennheiser brand. Even at high volumes, nothing is overdriven here, the sound is balanced and always harmonious even at maximum volume, especially because the midrange is very powerful. The frequency response ranges from 15 to 26,000 Hertz and is therefore very decent. So this headset is good for gaming, but also suitable for movies. The bass could be a bit stronger, and a software equalizer can help.
The microphone reliably filters out background noise, and the voice is transmitted clearly and easily understandable. The soft ear cups are a good compromise because they provide a clear shield without the outside world disappearing completely. Unfortunately, the upholstery is not interchangeable.
3. HyperX Cloud Revolver S
- Plug N Play Dolby Surround 7.1 Audio Technology; Advanced USB audio control console with DSP sound card
- Studio-quality Sound Stage lets you hear sounds that are even further away
- A high-quality and unique HyperX memory foam ensures award-winning comfort
If you want a good PC gaming headset, you have to check out the HyperX Cloud Revolver S.
It’s a headset that has everything you need. Great build quality with a metal strap, large foam ear cups, solid microphone performance, and good sound quality. If you want all the features that a current headset can offer, this is it.
You can connect the gaming headset with either a 3.5mm audio cable or USB. A clear plus point for all mobile gamers is the high level of compatibility: You can connect the gaming headphones to all common gaming platforms. The headphones have volume controls and a button to mute the microphone for maximum convenience. The padding makes it comfortable to wear.
The headset has built-in microphone and sound controls. The headphones offer good noise isolation and a high quality, detachable microphone.
In addition, there is a very detailed sound with a good soundstage and the option of Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound via USB connection. Now you know why this is a great gaming headset. HyperX Cloud Revolver S is the all-in-one gaming headset for the PC that should be your first choice right now.
4. Logitech G Pro X 2nd generation with surround sound
- AWARD-WINNING DESIGN: Designed for and by professional gamers, the PRO X headset brings you the technology to win games with high-quality materials and precise sound
- ROBUST CONSTRUCTION MADE OF STEEL AND ALUMINUM: The frame and construction are made of aluminum and steel and are still comfortable, durable and robust
- BLUE VOICE MICROPHONE: With a detachable 6 mm microphone with the latest Blue VOICE technology, including real-time speech filters for noise reduction and a compressor for a clear, professional sound
Logitech is one of the best accessories suppliers in the world and also has a lot to offer when it comes to gaming headsets. In terms of price, the device is at the upper level at just under 100 euros. The headphones deliver a clear and balanced sound without the bass predominating or the rattling of mids and highs at high volumes. The headphones can create an impressive surround effect. Bass and treble come well into the ear. The frequency range extends from 20 Hz – 20,000 Hertz. Opponents can be precisely located in the field with the headset.
The wearing comfort is good, unfortunately the weight is a bit high. The detachable microphone can be influenced with high-quality filters, reduces background noise and is removable. The device requires the Logitech G Hub software to be installed and connects via USB. The microphone requires the supplied external USB sound card, a Windows PC and Logitech software. It is very comfortable to wear, the auricles adapt to the ears with a memory-look function.
The processing quality of the gaming headset, which is made of steel and aluminum, is excellent. Logitech offers downloadable equalizer profiles.
5. Optimal comfort with the Roccat Khan Aimo
- Crystal clear 7.1 surround sound with a large frequency range, crisp highs, balanced mids and rich bass
- Built-in 7.1 sound card with Hi-Res specifications and perfectly matched and certified driver units, easy to connect with just one USB cable
- Very comfortable for gamers thanks to memory foam ear cups and lightweight construction with a weight of only 275 grams
This closed headset, which is mainly made of plastic, has four small lighting strips, the lights of which can be varied using the software. The design looks chic and fashionable. The most outstanding feature of this device is its wearing comfort and its very low weight. With the soft foam shells, the device sits comfortably on the head. Even after hours there is no noticeable pressure, an advantage that should not be underestimated for passionate gamers.
The Roccat Swarm software allows an optimal setting of the successful microphone on the team speech. The voice transmission is therefore particularly clear and the set is ideal for every raid. The microphone can be folded away and thus muted.
At high volumes, the treble rattles, although the device has a good frequency response of 10 to 40,000 Hertz. Bass, mids and highs could be better coordinated. The lowest criticism is the bass, which is quite rich in tones. The surround sound spreads a certain amount of reverberation. The volume is controlled by a rotary control on the right earcup. The gaming software could be clearer. The set is connected to the PC via a USB 2.0 connection. The Roccat has fallen sharply in price and is now available for less than 100 euros.
6. The rugged Razer Thresher
- UP TO 16 HOURS OF WIRELESS USE: With up to 16 hours of wireless use on a single charge, the Razer Thresher allows the PS4 to play for longer without worrying about being disconnected
- POWERFUL 50MM DRIVERS: Get right in the middle of the action. The Razer Thresher for the circumaural design of the PS4 with powerful 50 mm driver units delivers crystal-clear sound
- LIGHT EAR PADS, COVERED WITH SYNTHETIC LEATHER: The light ear pads made of memory foam and synthetic leather always sit comfortably even during intensive gaming marathons and easily adapt to the individual head shape
The Razer Thresher Headset gives gamers a 7.1 surround sound experience. This model can be used completely without cables, so that the game session can take place without any movement restrictions. The use of the headphones is very easy and proves to be pleasantly uncomplicated. One push of a button is enough for the device to connect to the console.
The product has a high-quality workmanship and proves to be extremely robust even after prolonged use. For this quality, the manufacturer demands a reasonable price of around 80 euros. Thanks to the gentle foam elements built into the headset’s headband, the Razer Thresher is a very good headphone for people who wear glasses . For example, users who use a visual aid while gaming report that they did not feel any pressure on their head even after longer gaming sessions.
The flawless surround sound is convincing all along the line and is particularly impressive with first-person shooters. Thanks to the delay-free ambient acoustics, players can locate their opponents based on their noises without them being visible in their own field of vision. The only drawback that we have to list in the case of the Razer Thresher is that the volume level of the device leaves something to be desired in some places. Although the sound can be adjusted manually, the maximum level can still be perceived as too quiet for some players. At the end of the day, however, this is a matter of taste. The noises themselves are easily perceptible at all times, only a little intensity is lost. Apart from this small point of criticism, we can recommend the Thresher with a clear conscience.
7. Gaming headphones only for PC: Plantronics Rig 600 Dolby Atmos
- Shadowing (32 ohms)
- Headphone cable length: 1.3 m
- Package dimensions (L x W x H): 8.6 cm x 23.6 cm x 25.2 cm
This headset is another example of the fact that good headsets with clean sound, weighing only 250 grams and good comfort can be had for less than 100 bar euros. The wearing comfort is pleasantly soft with the circumaural earpieces, synthetic leather prevents the ears from overheating. The fabric-covered bracket is well padded and adjustable in 16 levels. So nothing stands in the way of hours of gaming.
In terms of design, the device is intentionally kept in simple, minimalist lines for lovers of understatement. The black finish is only accentuated by a few golden elements on the ear cups. Alternatively, a cable with and a cable without a microphone boom are available. The volume and microphone muting are controlled on the cables. Fixing the very flexible microphone arm is a bit difficult. The cable is rather short at 1.6 meters. The frequency response ranges from 20 to 20,000 Hertz and produces a broad sound in which many details can be identified and opponents can be easily located. The virtual surround sound is very helpful here. The present mids can be heard well and are optimally complemented by the highs. The bass also hums pleasantly. Ambient noises are disturbing,
8. HyperX KHX-HSCP-RD Cloud II
- Audio experience: hardware-controlled virtual surround sound; Comfortable: 100% memory foam on the temple and artificial leather ear pads
- Ideal for pro players: passive noise elimination through closed ear cups
- Compatible with PC, Xbox One (requires adapter for Xbox One controller without a 3.5mm connector) (requires controller adapter), Xbox One S (requires adapter for Xbox One controller without a 3.5mm connector), PS4 , PS4 Pro, Mac, Mobile (compatible with devices with CTIA standard connectors) and VR (compatible with virtual reality systems with 3.5mm connector)
The headset came onto the market in 2015 and is considered a true all-rounder within the gaming scene. The padded ear cups of the headphones completely enclose the user’s ears, thereby blocking out external noises and optimizing the immersive sound experience during the individual game sessions.
In addition to the fairly light weight of around 318 grams, a special memory foam built into the temples of the product ensures that the headset is particularly comfortable to wear and that it does not exert any pressure on the wearer’s head even after prolonged use.
Thanks to the AGC function, the desired volume level of the microphone is kept constant. An extremely pleasant circumstance from which your online friends will particularly benefit. This also applies to the foam protection of the microphone included in the scope of delivery. The device ensures that hard background noises are filtered out of the acoustics and creates a particularly pure sound image of your voice.
If you decide to buy the HyperX KHX-HSCP-RD Cloud II, you will receive a lot of useful accessories in addition to the actual headset. These include an aircraft adapter for use when traveling and a bag for transport.
With a price of around 80 euros, the HyperX KHX-HSCP-RD Cloud II is one of the medium-priced headsets. The gaming headphones are particularly suitable for multiplayer-savvy gamers and are also compatible not only with the PS4, but also with the PC and Xbox One. The excellent voice reproduction has meanwhile also been certified by Teamspeak.
Together with the excellent sound quality, the dashing design and the fair price, the headset from HyperX ranks first in our selection.
9. Super affordable Speedlink Maxter Gaming Headset
- Stereo gaming headset for the PC
- Padded, circumaural auricles; Stylish design; Brilliant stereo sound. Microphone impedance: 2.2 kilo ohms
- Deep, voluminous bass; Illuminated auricles; integrated cable remote control for better usability
The German manufacturer Speedlink shows that today you can buy sensible headsets for around 30 euros. Since the market launch in 2017, the price has dropped from 80 euros to 30 euros. The Speedlink Maxter makes a solid and extremely powerful visual impression with its red and black play of colors. The illuminated auricles with their soft padding surround the ears. The headband is practically adjustable so that the headphones fit well on people with different head sizes despite their heavy weight of 350 grams. However, violent head movements can cause the listener to fall. The loose, light fit has the advantage that long sessions are not stressful.
The drivers, 50 millimeters in size, deliver solid bass, transparent mids and clear highs with 20 watts of power. The frequency response of 20 to 20,000 Hertz is sufficient for games; classical concerts should be listened to with other devices. The surround sound is very helpful for locating game opponents. The device is connected to the PC via a USB cable. The generously dimensioned cable length is at least three meters. There is a separate model with a shorter cable for the Playstation. The microphone is also illuminated, can be easily aligned using the gooseneck and transmits flawlessly.
10. Creative Sound BlasterX H7 with strengths and weaknesses
- Upgraded Drivers – Upgraded and tuned for better sensitivity and clearer, louder, more accurate sound
- Improved Microphone – Redesigned and improved detachable microphone improves voice capture and noise cancellation in noisy gaming environments
- 7.1-HD Surround Sound – Real 7.1 channel audio input signals for realistic virtualization of gaming effects and audio cues for optimal precision and positioning
Creative Labs is a global provider of consumer electronics. The very solidly made blaster shines with a balanced sound, is rather light at 275 grams, sits comfortably on the head and allows good enemy location.
In terms of design, the blaster does not look playful, but classy and reserved. The headband made of metal is adjustable in many ways. The auricles are large enough to enclose the ears and greatly attenuate outside noise. The seat is solid, the artificial leather upholstery on the ears is annoying and tends to make you sweat.
The robust device can be bought for just under a hundred euros and is well suited for long gaming sessions. The weak point of the device is the detachable microphone, which is not very convincing with its tinny sound. The device, which is connected via USB, comes with a 24-bit capable sound card. The software can be used to change the sound with equalizers and activate the virtual surround sound, which helps to precisely locate all rooms within the playing field.
The sound is realistic, highs and mids are clear, the bass is pleasant without being annoying to dominate. Alternatively, the gaming headphones have a jack plug with which they can be connected to smartphones, for example. The sound from the 50mm drivers is solid and balanced. The frequency response ranges from 20 to 20,000 Hertz, which is completely sufficient for gaming, but a little tight for movies. Unfortunately, the cable turned out to be short at just 1.2 meters.
Disclosure: Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.