Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If we decide to invest a certain amount of money in buying new in-ear headphones, we hope to get a long-lasting product with our purchase. If the purchased model gives up after just a few weeks, the frustration is understandably great. So that you don’t get into this mess, we have put together a list of the 10 most stable in-ear models that have been proven to withstand the test of time and promise you many music sessions over a long period of time. We hope you enjoy our selection!
1st place: Jabra Elite Active 75t
- Developed for a secure hold and durability: The ergonomic headphones adapt to every ear and are therefore particularly comfortable – waterproof and sweat-resistant according to IP57
- Long battery life and reliable true wireless connection: Up to 24 hours (ANC on) with the compact charging case. Elite Active 75t headphones – make phone calls, listen to music, stay connected
- You have the option of either filtering out annoying background noise with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) or using the HearThrough function to hear what is happening around you
The first place in our selection is the “Elite Active 75t” from Jabra. In contrast to the conventional 75t, the Active version is characterized by its additional robustness. Accordingly, the wireless earpieces of this model were covered with a rubberized housing, which in turn makes the product waterproof and sweat-resistant. Therefore, the Jabra Elite Active 75t is suitable for all athletes among you who want to get the last bit of motivation through a driving playlist during training . The integrated 6 mm drivers provide the right sound for this, they cover a frequency range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. On the other hand, you have to do without active noise suppression.
Thanks to its waterproof properties, the model can easily be cleaned under running water. Before you pack the product back into the supplied charging case, however, you should make sure that the headphones are really completely dry. Otherwise there could be a short circuit on the contacts.
In addition to its great sound image, which can also score with rich bass in addition to its high clarity, the pleasant wearing comfort is one of the big pluses of the Jabra Elite Active 75t. With the “Jabra Sound +” app, you can make a wide variety of settings and adjust the headphones entirely to your needs. The quality of the microphone, which is naturally used when making calls, is also impressive. The wireless headphones are connected to up to eight different devices via Bluetooth 5.0. If you can do without the necessary change and are looking for a durable in-ear all-rounder, you can’t go wrong with the purchase of the Jabra Elite Active 75t.
2nd place: Jaybird Tarah Pro
- SWITCH FIT – Comfortable silicone ear gels and a versatile design that easily rotates to be worn over your ears for a secure, sport-specific fit or under for more relaxed situations
- FAST-CHARGING BATTERY – 5 minutes of charging provides two full hours of play time, allowing for last-minute charging before or during your activity
- PREMIUM SOUND WITH CUSTOM EQ – Uncompromising sound quality that’s compatible with the Jaybird App to customize sound EQ and save personal settings to the buds
Should you decide to buy the Jaybird Tarah Pro, you will have to dig relatively deep into your pocket. The model is usually in the upper price range. However, the material processing of the product already testifies to the robustness of the in-ear headphones. The textile-sheathed cable declares war on unpleasant breaks, and the in-ears are sweat-resistant and waterproof. This also applies to the ear gel cushions, which can be hygienically cleaned on a regular basis without being damaged. At the same time, the padding ensures a comfortable fit, which does not cause any unpleasant feelings of pressure. The Jaybird Tarah Pro has another plus point in the area of battery life. This is pleasantly generous with up to 14 hours,
But what does the model have in terms of sound properties? First of all, the well-functioning passive noise suppression should be mentioned, the sound isolation therefore convinced many users. The general sound image can sometimes be described as clear and differentiated. However, we don’t want to hide the fact that the Jaybird Tarah Pro is not free from criticism either. The biggest shortcoming of the Jaybird Tarah Pro is the intrinsic noises that occur from time to time when the cable is moved. These are comparatively heavy, especially when exercising, if the current track is clouded here and there by “cracking sounds”. However, if you want to use the model primarily for everyday use, you don’t have to worry about major restrictions.
3rd place: The price-performance winner: Shure SE215
- Bluetooth 5 enables connection with most smartphones, laptops and tablets – with up to 10 hours of battery life and a range of 10 m.
- First-class, wireless audio performance with clear sound and deep bass.
- Supports a variety of audio codecs: Qualcomm aptX audio, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, AAC and SBC for the best digital audio quality.
The Shure SE215 in-ear headphones are much easier on your wallet than the Jabra Elite Active 75t, after all, the manufacturer usually estimates a purchase price for its model that is below 100 euros. The in-ears are suitable for everyday use as well as for professional monitoring. The Shure SE215 is available in different optical variants. In addition to the classic black version, there is also a transparent model in the selection, which gives you a direct insight into the technical inner workings of the headphones. Thanks to its stable material processing, the Shure SE215 makes a thoroughly robust impression. The cable ends are reinforced and the durable housing can be rotated 360 degrees.
Depending on your needs, various adapters are available that connect the in-ears to your Android cell phone or iPhone. The manufacturer also gives you a small selection of different ear pieces so that you can always find the right fit for your eavesdroppers. In addition, you will receive a practical cleaning tool and a small bag for transport, which, just like the headphones, leaves a valuable impression. If you have chosen the right one from the included ear pieces, you will quickly find that the plugs sit comfortably and securely. However, we have to complain about the negative that there may be a slight pressure development after prolonged wear.
When it comes to sound, the Shure SE215 particularly impresses with its intense bass response. So while the basses are booming, the mids and highs are clear and balanced.
4th place: Sennheiser IE 80S BT
- The first audiophile Bluetooth in-ear headphones from audio specialist Sennheiser. Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.0 Compatible, Class 1, BLE
- Uncompromising sound quality thanks to the support of high-resolution codecs such as lhdc, aptX HD and AAA aptX Low Latency ensures perfect synchronization of picture and sound
- A dynamic loudspeaker system with 10 mm transducers and powerful neodymium magnets produce audiophile sound quality
Admittedly, the estimated purchase price of the Sennheiser IE 80 BT could seem daunting at first. However, the manufacturer justifies the required amount with the fact that he has tailored his model perfectly to the high demands of an audiophile user base. So what can you look forward to when you buy the Sennheiser IE 80S BT? First of all, we would like to emphasize the excellent wearing comfort of the wired in-ear headphones. The flexible neck band and the ear hook not only give the headphones a secure hold while listening to music, they also withstand dynamic movements. For this reason, the headphones can also be used in the gym or while jogging without any problems. Sennheiser has given you a total of nine different ear adapters, made of different materials. The dynamic drivers were provided with neodymium magnets and play in the top league of currently available hardware. The pairing via Bluetooth 5 corresponds to the current standards and works perfectly.
On the left side of the neck band you will find the buttons with which you can regulate the volume of your songs, activate the voice assistant and manage calls, among other things. With the help of the “Smart Control” app, you have many other customization options available, with which the use of the headphones can be designed even more individually.
If you listen to the sound of the Sennheiser IE 80S BT, you can quickly see that the bass range is convincing thanks to its harmoniously balanced definition. The drivers only reach their limits with particularly low frequency responses, but this is only very rarely the case. The mids reproduce the character of vocals and instruments in a natural way. The heights, in turn, appear transparent and detailed. Unfortunately, Sennheiser did not use an active noise-canceling function in the IE 80S BT.
5th place: Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats Pro
- High-performance in-ear headphones completely without cables in black
- Up to 9 hours of playback (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, non-slip ear hooks offer maximum comfort and stability
The Powerbeats Pro from the popular house “Beats by Dr. Dre “come as a completely wireless model. The in-ears achieve an incomparable stability in your ears, which makes them ideal for use during training. In fact, the ear pieces can withstand very dynamic movements without slipping out of your ear canal. However, this extreme hold is accompanied by a point of criticism that should not be disregarded, after all, after a certain time, the ear plugs create a clearly perceptible pressure on your ears. The bottom line is that the wearing comfort is not terribly uncomfortable, but it could be a disturbing problem for sensitive users. The battery life of the Powerbeats Pro settles in a decent framework between nine and ten hours. If the headphones finally run out of juice, you can fully recharge them in the supplied case, which is also ideal for transport purposes. This process takes about 80 minutes, it is faster with the quick charge function, which allows you to have short, spontaneous listening sessions.
Coupling via Bluetooth works reliably, and device control via the buttons on the earphones has also been designed to be user-friendly. The same applies to the activation of the optional voice assistants. There is, however, a deficiency in the quality of the microphone; your own voice is transmitted comparatively quietly to the person you are talking to while you are on the phone.
The sound of the Powerbeats Pro-In-Ears is underpinned by a strong bass foundation. The tonal depth is not overly dominant, so that the mids and highs also come into their own. Overall, you can enjoy a very detailed sound with this model. Thanks to the bass-heavy tuning and its robust stability, the Powerbeats Pro is the perfect headphone for all sports enthusiasts who swear by pushing music during their training.
6th place: Aukey Key Series T10
- Longer playback time: Extend the playback time from 7 to 24 hours thanks to the stylish charging case, with which you can charge the earphones 2.5 times on the go.
- Outstanding sound: Dynamic drivers and graphene membranes provide additional depth and offer an intense sound. Thanks to the water resistance according to IPX5 you don’t have to be afraid of rain.
- No cables, no buttons, no limits: both earphones are touch-sensitive on the sides, i.e. you can change the volume, change tracks, start or pause playback or activate the voice assistant of your smartphone (e.g. Siri) by tapping or pressing.
Now we come to the Aukey Key Series T10. Visually, this model is very simple, the manufacturer decided to design its product in a uniform gray, the external appearance is only interrupted by a few golden applications. When you buy the Aukey Key Series T10, you get a portable charging cradle, three attachments for the audio pieces and a USB-C charging cable with the earphones. With a weight of a good 6 grams, the headphones are in the middle of the field. The choice of material gives no reason for criticism, the workmanship of the product looks valuable and stable. In terms of price, the Aukey Key Series T10 is in the middle segment. But can you only expect a mediocre sound? Fortunately, this is not the case.
The 6 mm drivers create a balanced sound image that appears both clear and precise. The mids are distinctive and harmonize comfortably with the highs. The bass is also powerful and covers low frequencies with ease. The sound experience is refined by the comfortably fitting ear pieces, which can convince with their solid outer shielding. You can send various commands to your smartphone using the touch controls on the front of the headphones. You can start and pause tracks, adjust the volume, call up voice assistants and skip songs. The connection via Bluetooth usually works flawlessly and over a distance of up to 18 meters. The battery life is a solid six hours.
7th place: 1more E1010 Quad Driver
- Four drivers – three symmetrical armatures (tweeter) and a dynamic driver (woofer) provide a large sound stage
- Hi-Res Audio Certified – High resolution audio restores sound more completely and accurately
- Carefully coordinated with the Grammy Awarded Recording Master for hi-fi music
With the 1more E1010 Quad Driver we present you a wired model. The connecting cord is designed to be very user-friendly, which successfully declares war on annoying entanglements. The scope of delivery of the product includes, among other things, a high-quality leather carrying case, which makes it easy to take the headphones with you. In addition, you get nine eartips, so that you will definitely find the right option for the individual size and shape of your ears. The ear pieces appear extremely robust despite their low weight. The handling of the various control panels has also been well thought out and transferred to practical use, so that the operation of the 1more E1010 Quad Driver can be internalized within a very short time.
Thanks to their flyweight, the aluminum earplugs sit comfortably in the ears without building up unpleasant tension. In combination with the successful noise suppression from the outside, nothing stands in the way of a harmonious listening pleasure – as long as the quality of the sound is right. Here, too, the 1more E1010 Quad Driver can score. The sound is differentiated and balanced, especially the highs score with their high transparency. The mids appear just as detailed, creating a warm and natural sound balance. The basses are depicted with great force, but without coming close to the booming intensity of other models.
8th place: JLab JBuds Air
- AUTO ON & CONNECT: JBuds Air in-ear headphones are completely wireless and switch on automatically as soon as you take them out of the USB charging case. A stable, seamless connection is established within a few seconds.
- CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION: Thanks to the Bluetooth 5.0 connection, you get twice the speed and four times the range of Bluetooth 4.2. for an extremely reliable connection, even over long distances. Since Bluetooth is backwards compatible, older devices also work with the JLab Air!
- CUSTOM EQ3 SOUND: Set the JBuds Air sound to your personal preferences with JLab Signature, Balanced or Bass Boost EQ modes – no app required. Just tap once or twice on the earphone case to set the sound you want. Thanks to the integrated microphone, you can activate Siri, Google Assistant and other voice assistants, or take calls while you are on the go. So you always stay connected.
Now we come to a model that should particularly appeal to the bargain hunters among you. With its low purchase price, the JLab JBuds Air is the perfect alternative for all beginners who are just getting into the world of true wireless in-ears and don’t want to lose sight of their budget. Like some of the headphones in our list, the JLab JBuds Air are also characterized by their water-repellent properties. Despite their price, the in-ears look anything but cheap, the material processing of the product leaves little to be desired. The seat of the ear pieces proves to be firm, in terms of weight, the JBuds Air are in the upper midfield. Compared to other Bluetooth models, the headphones create particularly rich bass that leaves little to be desired in their class,
With the help of the charging case, you can charge the headphone battery around three times. This usually runs out of juice after around five hours. In our opinion, however, the charging capacity of the shell and the battery life during operation could have been a bit more generous. In addition to the already advertised basses, the mids and highs are also convincing, but without really standing out from comparable models of the competition. Anyone who uses their in-ears for regular phone calls will soon become aware of the inadequate quality of the integrated microphone. There is still a lot of room for improvement here. However, if you use the JLab JBuds Air primarily for listening to music, you will receive a solid product at a very fair price.
9th place: TaoTronics Soundelite 72
- 【Better than CD sound】 aptX HD audio codec and 3 EQ settings (normal, bass & treble) offer an absolutely optimal in-ear sound experience
- 【Clear calls】 the integrated microphone with advanced CVC 8. 0 noise suppression technology enables you to make hands-free calls while on the move
- 【IPX7 splash-proof】 the waterproof protective layer prevents sweat or rain from penetrating your headphones and thus prevents damage to the electronics
If the JLab JBuds Air are too expensive for you, you should take a look at the TaoTronics Soundelite 72 headphones instead. The product from a Chinese manufacturer impresses with its extremely low purchase price even before the packaging is opened. The operating instructions were printed in German and English and, like the headphones, the micro-USB charging cable, the ear pieces in three sizes, the various ear hooks and the carrying case, are included in the scope of delivery of the product. In terms of its external design, the headphones are extremely unspectacular. Here black is the dominant element. When choosing the material, the manufacturer mainly used plastic for the earplugs, while the cables were covered with rubber.
Like many other models, the TaoTronics Soundelite 72 also uses dynamic drivers. These play out their repertoire especially in the depths. While the bass comes across as powerful to powerful, the mids and highs seem a bit undefined in comparison. All in all, the sound image is rock solid, but whether it fully meets the demands of audiophile users is questionable. The controls have been integrated into the cable. The microphone serves its purpose, but your voice at the other end of the line can sometimes sound a bit dull. There are no major points of criticism in terms of comfort, the earphones sit tight and rarely need to be corrected. Pairing via Bluetooth 5 is reliable and uncomplicated, the connection remains stable even over a distance of around 16 meters. At moderate volume, the TaoTronics Soundelite 72 battery lasts around 11 hours before the battery has to be charged over a period of around two hours.
10th place: RHA MA390 Universal
Before we get to the end of our selection, let’s consider the RHA-MA390 universal headphones. The wired in-ears are often already available at an extremely affordable price and are therefore the ideal product for newbies. Despite the low acquisition costs, the model was processed well. The Scottish manufacturer provided its drivers with a robust metal housing that appears to be very resistant. There is also nothing to complain about when it comes to wearing comfort. The plugs sit firmly in the ears and generate little or no pressure even when they are worn for long periods of time. The sound image is pleasantly solid in view of the corresponding price range. Of course, the RHA MA390 does not come close to higher-priced models, but the bass is strong, the mids clean and the highs clear.
Disclosure: Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.