Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are very popular among gamers. So it’s no wonder that numerous users are now looking for a new gaming headset for their console with which every step of the opponent can be heard. In the following, the 10 best headsets & headphones for the Xbox Series X and Series S are listed, which in addition to a fair price also have excellent quality and are therefore all worth buying.
1. SteelSeries Arctic 5
- Widely recognized as the ideal microphone for gaming, the Discord-certified ClearCast microphone offers studio-quality voice sound and suppresses background noise. Headphone impedance: 32 ohms
- Sound is your competitive advantage – with S1 speaker drivers, engineered for ultra-low audio distortion so you can hear every detail
- 360 ° precision audio with the next generation surround sound from the DTS Headphone: X v2.0
The SteelSeries Arctic 5 could win not only a design competition, but also a sound contest. First of all, the sound is convincing in the bass as well as in the highs and lows, which is raised to a completely new level thanks to the support of the DTS Headphone: X v2.0 Surround Sound. This gives the sound a spatial level, which gives you an immense advantage in numerous games. In addition, the high-quality ClearCast microphone with noise suppression can hardly be topped, as it can be retracted as far as you want in addition to the extremely clear sound. This feature is truly unique and only a few headsets support it.
Even if the SteelSeries Arctic 5 comes with a cable connection, the integrated ChatMix controller is a very practical gimmick: This allows the balance of game and chat sound to be adjusted directly without having to leave the game beforehand. In addition, there is the noble design, which impresses with a matt black and additional subtle LEDs as a border around the ear cups.
When it comes to ear cushions, SteelSeries relies on well-known AirWave ear cushions, which in the Arctic 5 are expanded with a high-performance fabric from the sports sector. These should ensure that the ears stay cool and dry even on the hottest summer days. The sporty design is continued on the head pad: The “premium ski goggle strap” also impresses with its very elastic fabric, which prevents pressure points and pain when wearing the headset.
In terms of price, the SteelSeries Arctic 5 is in the mid-range segment, which means that it is convincing in terms of price / performance across the board. A small point of criticism that is noted by some users is the unsatisfactory quality of the microphone, which is okay for a mid-range headset, but not excellent. However, the majority of users are very pleased with the overall quality of the headset.
2. Razer Nari Ultimate
- HYPERSENSE TECHNOLOGY: The Razer Nari Ultimate relies fully on HyperSense technology, which recognizes certain sound frequencies and uses vibrations to generate tactile feedback that makes the action tangible
- DIRECT WIRELESS CONNECTION WITH THE XBOX ONE: Even without an adapter, a practically latency-free connection at a distance of up to 12 meters; The headset connects directly to your Xbox One so that nothing stands in the way of an intuitive and uncomplicated sound experience
- EAR PADS WITH COLD CONE: Unlike conventional headsets, ear cushions with cold gel prevent heat from building up in the first place, and the dense foam with synthetic leather on the edges of the ear cushions ensures the perfect combination of comfort and sound insulation
Of course, a product from the market leader Razer should not be missing from a headset list. Known for its high quality, the Razer Nari Ultimate is a remarkable overall package. The sound color of the headphones is excellent, not least because of the integrated “Windows Sonic Surround Sound Technology”, which makes every single detail in the game sound crystal clear and really intense Gaming experience delivers. Comparable to the SteelSeries Arctic 5, the microphone of the Razer Nari Ultimate can also be extended and retracted.
The special thing about the product from Razer is made clear by the extraordinary Hyper-Sense technology. This ensures that dynamic vibrations on the headset adapt to the game and thus ensure an extremely high level of interactions with the player himself. According to the manufacturer, this unique function is available for all available Xbox games and should always be compatible with future games.
Furthermore, Razer relies on a typical green and black design with strikingly wide ear pads and a unibody frame made of aluminum. So the Razer Nari Ultimate is anything but simple, which is a reason for the purchase decision for many users. The company also wants to put an end to the annoying cable, which is why the headphones connect directly to the Xbox and can maintain this connection at a distance of up to 12 meters. With the typical illuminated Razer logo and activated Hyper-Sense function, the battery lasts for up to eight hours, with complete deactivation of the extras a full 20 hours.
Overall, the Razer Nari Ultimate offers an unbelievable overall package of high-quality basic functions and some special features, where the Hyper-Sense technology stands out, at a price of around € 200. At the same time, however, this is also a weak point for some users, as the function only partially accompanies the game and at some points is rather annoying instead of supportive. Nevertheless, the high quality and long service life are particularly outstanding.
3. Corsair HS35
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Works with PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices. May require a 3.5mm adapter for Microsoft (sold separately)
- Distinctive sound: The specially matched 50 mm neodymium speaker drivers ensure excellent sound quality with a wide range of sounds and reliable precision
- Detachable unidirectional microphone: The fully detachable microphone is optimized for high speech quality while reducing ambient noise
The Corsair HS35 also offers a comfortable gaming experience on the Xbox, even if it is priced well below the alternatives presented above. The sound has good highs and lows, which also offer an immersive 360 ° audio experience thanks to the compatibility with “Windows Sonic Technology”. In addition, there is the convincing microphone, which is not only removable, but can also be bent as desired.
Externally, the Corsair HS35 scores with its variability: The right color should be available for every taste from a total of 5 variants. The fabric-covered ear pads and head pads also impress with their pleasantly soft feel, which offer the right comfort for the gaming experience. There is also a volume control on the ear pad, which means that the sound can be adjusted quickly and easily. The headset is only included in the cable version, which means that the headphones do not need to be charged.
At a reasonable price, the Corsair HS35 is an inexpensive alternative to the expensive Xbox headsets, which seems unbeatable in terms of price-performance ratio. While some users note a short lifespan, others claim that this headset is “unbreakable”. Even if you have to make some compromises with the low price, the Corsair HS35 is still a qualitatively convincing budget headset.
4. Performance Designed Products LVL50
- Wireless connection with a range of up to 12 m (40 ft) and long battery life of up to 16 hours
- uncomplicated microphone muting thanks to the flip-to-mute function
- Breathable and lightweight for long gaming sessions
If you don’t want to spend too much or too little on a convincing gaming headset, the LVL50 from Performance Designes Products (PDP) is an extremely good choice. Although the powerful bass is in the foreground of the timbre, the mids and highs are also at a decent level. In addition, two buttons are mounted directly on the headphones with which you can choose between the “Pure Audio” and “Bass Boost” sound modes. What really stands out about the LVL50 is the high-quality microphone. This certainly cannot be retracted or dismantled, but the flip-up and bending function is satisfactory for the medium price segment. Above all, the integrated noise-canceling feature underlines the already convincing quality of the microphone.
The design of the PDP LVL50 is strongly reminiscent of a Razer product: The bright green inside of the ear cups as well as the black appearance with small, green accents appeals to both the noble and the extravagant eye. Described by the manufacturer as “unbeatable”, the convenience can definitely keep up with high-priced headsets. Not only the ear pads, but also the head pad consists of a breathable nylon fabric cushion that sits comfortably and, in particular, “airy”. This way, ears stay free of heat and sweat in any case. The user is also freed from annoying tangled cables, as the headset is wireless and simply connects directly to the console.
All in all, the Performance Designed Products LVL50 knows how to impress with its microphone quality and comfort. The price of around 80 € has been criticized by some users because of the very bass-heavy sound and the fact that it is too tight for some. Nonetheless, the headset is a solid and recommendable mid-range product that we recommend buying again.
5. Xbox stereo headset
- Top sound quality for game audio and chats in multiplayer games with a wide frequency range (20 Hz to 20 kHz) for deep bass and crystal clear highs
- Unidirectional microphone for perfect voice transmission
- Over – the – ear design for maximum comfort during long gaming sessions and the microphone can be folded away when not in use
Yes, Microsoft actually offers a headset for the Xbox Series X and S itself. This is particularly impressive due to one key word: simplicity. Microsoft relies on as few extras as possible with the stereo headset and concentrates on the essentials: the sound and the microphone. And it is precisely these points that impress with the headset. On the one hand, the headphones find an ideal balance between lows, mids and highs, which means that the gaming experience can be experienced unadulterated. The firmly integrated microphone, which can be folded up, is also completely sufficient to be understood by other players.
The simplicity of the headphones is also made clear by the design: a matt black covers the entire product and is only interrupted by a glossy black Xbox logo on the ear cups. From the outside, the ear pads look extremely thick, which gives the ears a very comfortable hold when playing. Even if a fabric cover is used here, a thin synthetic leather is used for the head cushion. Although the Xbox stereo headset has to be connected with a cable, Microsoft provides an adapter for this, which means that functions such as “mute”, louder or quieter are located directly as a button on the controller. This practical detail enables sound adjustments even in the middle of the game.
The price of around 40 € is therefore justified by the convincing sound and microphone quality. Small compromises have to be made with the cable, as this is described by some users as fragile and sensitive. The mid-range headset should still be sufficient for a long time when used properly.
6. ASTRO Gaming A50
- ASTRO Audio V2: The gaming headset with Audio V2 ensures clearly understandable dialogues, sound effects and music with a controlled frequency spectrum and deep bass
- Dolby Audio Headset: Thanks to the high-resolution sound alignment, a real sound advantage is provided – just immerse yourself in the game
- 15 hours of battery life: The gaming headphones are completely wireless and, with a lithium-ion battery, offer enough power for a gaming marathon
The next candidate in the list is the ASTRO Gaming A50, probably the most extravagant and unusual of them all. Starting with surround sound, which has a breathtaking timbre from powerful bass to crystal clear highs that not many headphones can keep up with. This is also compatible with Dolby Atmos, which increases the already high level of timbre even further. Furthermore, the flip-up microphone offers impressive quality, which is automatically muted when it is flipped up.
The wireless headset lasts a full 15 hours with a fully charged battery and can also be charged wirelessly on the extremely luxurious base station supplied. Both the base station and the headset itself come in black with gold accents. The design is particularly “upspaced” due to the height-adjustable headband, as it protrudes over the headband in an exotic way. The nylon cushions promise long-term wearing comfort, as well as the integrated buttons on the headphones for volume, chat game balance and many other settings are available. In addition, the supplied ASTRO Command Center software offers an individual adjustment of the sound and sound experience, which includes a variety of options for personal development.
Of course, the ASTRO Gaming A50 belongs to the absolute upper class of gaming headsets, but it is obvious that numerous functions are included for this high price. Therefore, the satisfied users only complain about the price and only small things that can be found on every gaming headset.
7. Turtle Beach Recon 70X
- Lightweight and Comfortable – The lightweight design offers ideal wearing comfort even during hours of gaming sessions
- High quality 40 mm speakers – High quality 40 mm speakers deliver clear highs and rich lows
- Flip-Up Microphone – The proven, powerful microphone from Turtle Beach captures chat and commands loud and clear – and can be flipped up to mute
In addition to the Stealth 700X Gen 2, Turtle Beach also makes it onto this list with the Recon 70X. Nevertheless, the headsets differ in many ways, which is why both deserve their fair placement. As a budget headset, you can be extremely satisfied with the balanced sound, as both bass and treble are well represented. In addition, there is the foldable microphone, which fulfills the purpose in terms of price-performance technology and allows clean and undisturbed communication.
The slightly playful and colorful design of the Recon 70X impresses with its alternating black and the selected color. When it comes to color selection, Turtle Beach is broadly based, as there are a total of 9 variants of the headset to buy. The black ear pads and the colored head pad are made of synthetic leather, which creates a noble and supple feel and also does not heat the ears too much. There is also a wheel on the auricle to adjust the volume. Unfortunately, an adapter for the Xbox Series X is required for the cable connection, but this can be purchased for little money and is therefore not a problem.
Overall, the Recon 70X keeps what it promises for the low price: Both the tone color and the microphone quality are satisfactory in terms of price-performance ratio. However, some buyers are plagued by a short service life, which often has to do with a broken cable. For the low price, the headset is still a worth considering alternative to more expensive models.
8. Razer Kaira
- RAZER TRIFORCE TITANIUM 50 MM DRIVER: Titanium-coated membranes provide even more clarity and our state-of-the-art drivers can produce highs, mids and basses separately
- RAZER HYPERCLEAR CARDIOID MICROPHONE: The flexible microphone has an improved housing and can now record even better speech by suppressing noise from the rear and sides
- XBOX WIRELESS: No more complicated setup and wireless adapters: this headset can be connected directly to the Xbox Series X with a great range that is ideal for couch gaming
Razer is also represented a second time in this list with the Razer Kaira. Even with the tone color, the headphones of the large corporation know how to convince, as they rely on a special technology. The membranes are coated with titanium, which means that Razer’s state-of-the-art drivers can generate bass, mids and highs separately. This creates an extremely clean and unique sound that is extremely clear in all registers. Furthermore, Razer relies on a flexible microphone, which, with integrated noise suppression and game-chat balance, allows uncomplicated discussions with teammates.
As with the Razer Nari Ultimate, the Razer Kaira uses breathable memory foam, which ensures soft padding. The Razer-typical black and green design is a matter of taste, as with every product from the group, but it appears a little simpler than that of the Nari Ultimate. With a simple push of a button, the headset can be connected to the Xbox and thus supports a wireless gaming experience. According to the manufacturer, the battery lasts up to 20 hours.
The Razer Kaira is an ideal transition product from a middle class to an upper class headset. The sound experience valued by many users is only slightly reduced by the criticized microphone quality, which for some leaves something to be desired due to an unclean recording.
9. Razer Blackshark V2 X
- RAZER TRIFORCE 50MM DRIVER: Our brand new patented design can individually tune high, medium and low tones and is like 3 audio drivers in 1 – it produces a clearer sound with fuller highs and an even stronger bass
- RAZER HYPERCLEAR CARDIOUS MICROPHONE: The flexible microphone of this lightweight esports headset picks up your voice even better and has noise cancellation. The housing of the microphone has been optimized even further
- LATEST PASSIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: From the cheering audience to PC noises, thanks to the special closed ear cups, noises from the outside are filtered out and offer great sound insulation
The Razer Blackshark V2 X comes from the lower price segment, but it convinces with some great functions at a comparable low price. The patented Razer Triforce drivers, for example, ensure a perfect sound image without annoying background noise or other background noises. The headset does not support the Playstation 5’s 3D audio function either, but the sound is very convincing. The balanced mids and highs as well as the powerful bass speak a clear language.
Particularly noteworthy is the crystal clear audio quality of the microphone, which is why this gaming headset is perfect for e-sports. Communication with the other players is possible without any problems. Here one would have wished for a solid virtual surround sound, which would have made it much easier to locate the opponents, but in this price range you have to make cuts. But the new Blackshark convinces with a high level of comfort of the ear cups and the headband, which is of course essential for long gaming sessions.
Overall, with the Blackshark V2 X, Razer offers a great overall package of innovative new products and tried-and-tested technology. The customers are also extremely satisfied and enthusiastic. In terms of price-performance ratio, the headset is an impressive offer that is extremely worthwhile to buy.
10. Turtle Beach Stealth 700X Gen 2
- Cooling Gel-Based Aerofit Comfort – Redesigned cooling gel-based Aerofit ear cushions with memory foam provide premium comfort for hours of gaming
- Xbox Wireless – Benefit from the simple and outstanding direct connection between headset and console – no cables, no base station and no adapter required
- Play and stay connected with Bluetooth – Take advantage of the opportunity to make phone calls or listen to music while playing without missing an action-packed moment
Turtle Beach describes a previously unknown and up-and-coming company in the headset industry. With their Stealth 700X Gen 2, however, the company can certainly compete with market leaders such as Razer, as both the haptic quality and the timbre seem almost unbeatable. In particular, the powerful bass is emphasized positively, but the mids and highs are not neglected either. In fact, the company even offers the free Turtle Beach Audio Hub app, with which the audio settings of the headset can be easily and smartly adjusted via the mobile phone. In particular, the “Game Presets” function, which allows game-specific presets to be made in order to ideally adapt the sound experience from game to game, is revolutionary and unique to the Turtle Beach Stealth 700X Gen 2.
It is true that the microphone cannot be fully retracted and extended as with the Razer and SteelSeries products, but at least it can be folded up if desired so that the microphone does not disturb any further. The quality of the sound recording is also satisfactory and does not show any annoying background noise.
The headset comes in a very simple and elegant matt black and without any cables. Due to the wireless and uncomplicated connection to the Xbox, the Turtle Beach Stealth 700X Gen 2 must be charged after 20 hours of use. The soft synthetic leather ear pads are advertised as being extremely glasses-friendly and not causing any pressure points.
All in all, the price is completely justified, as the app in particular is a special feature that only a few alternatives in this price segment offer.
Note: The order of the products does not reflect the placement. This cannot be identified with the enormous price range between the headsets and depends on individual expectations.
Disclosure: Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.