Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In-ear headphones with a noise canceling function help us to concentrate on the essentials: Enjoying our favorite track, podcast or audio book to the fullest and without any kind of acoustic interference. By blocking out unwanted background noise, listening pleasure is taken to a whole new level, and the technology comes into its own when we are on the move, for example when we are in noisy places or busy places. We have selected the 10 best noise canceling in-ear headphones for you and tell you which models are best for you. As always, we wish you a lot of fun with our selection!
1st place: Apple AirPods Pro
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode to hear your surroundings and to be able to react to them
- Soft, conical silicone tips in three sizes for an individual fit
There has probably never been such a huge hype about in-ear headphones as in the case of the Apple AirPods Pro. But do the cordless, now world-famous earplugs from the American technology giant really do what they promise their users so full-bodied? We can answer this question with a clear “yes”.
You have to dig deep into your pocket for the AirPods Pro, but for this sum you will also get a product that will bring you a lot of listening pleasure in the long term. The integrated Activ Noise Canceling works excellently and sets the acoustic focus entirely on the sounds spat out through the headphones. At the same time, the suppression of ambient noise can also be reduced manually, so that you still have the opportunity to react to your surroundings and not completely sink into your track or audio book.
The product comes with three different sized silicone tips, so you can choose the perfect fit for your individual ear size yourself.
The sounds themselves are of razor-sharp quality and master all highs, mids and lows at a consistently high level. The point where the Apple AirPods Pro can particularly shine is the battery life. If you charge the in-ear headphones on the wireless case in between, you can use them for more than 24 hours before they run out of juice.
If you have a generous budget and are also a committed Apple user, you should seriously consider buying the AirPods Pro.
2nd place: Sony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless
- True wireless headphones with industry-leading noise canceling. Compatible Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP
- Up to 8 hours of battery life + 3 additional charges using the supplied charging station
- Stable Bluetooth connection
The WF-1000XM3 True Wireless from Sony proves its staying power. The battery of the earplugs, in combination with the supplied charging case, provides juice for up to 32 hours of listening pleasure. This makes the product of the Japanese technology giant a safe tip for all users who are into long music sessions and do not want to be afraid of unexpected battery failures. However, buyers have to dig deep into their pockets for the wireless product.
You can connect to your cell phone, tablet and Co. via Bluetooth and then enjoy the excellent sound quality of the product, which scores particularly well with its good acoustic coordination. Comfort was also a top priority when developing the in-ear headphones. Even after many hours of listening to music, there is no uncomfortable feeling of pressure on the ears.
In the case of the Sony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless headphones, noise canceling becomes an absolute trump card and really doesn’t have to shy away from any comparison with any of its competitors. However, wearing the earplugs is not necessarily suitable during sports, because violent movements tend to say goodbye to the user’s eavesdropping. However, some buyers have criticized the app’s handling. The tool for operating the headphones presented itself as immature in some points. The quality of the calls was also noted as a negative point by some users.
3rd place: Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2
- Enjoy unmatched high-end stereo sound thanks to the unique 7 mm audio drivers of the wireless Sennheiser Inear headphones.
- Switch off ambient noises with active noise suppression, as in an airplane, and concentrate fully on the deep bass, the natural mids and the clear highs – adjustable via the built-in volume control.
- Experience uninterrupted listening pleasure with the new 7-hour battery life of the wireless earphones, which can be extended to up to 28 hours with the charging case.
The in-ear headphones represent some of the best true wireless sounds we’ve heard so far. For those who refuse to compromise on audio quality, regardless of price, should take a closer look at the Momentum True Wireless 2.
The first generation Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless were the best true wireless headphones we’ve ever heard, so the next version had to follow in big footsteps. Fortunately, the Momentum True Wireless 2 lived up to expectations.
The Momentum True Wireless 2 bring back the incredible clarity, impressive bass and masterful stereo images of the first generation, so that you can hear parts of songs that are completely missing when listening through other headphones. The main difference here lies in the introduction of active noise cancellation, which is almost as remarkable as the sound itself. The noise canceling quality is the perfect complement to this type of audio quality as it doesn’t let anything get between you and your music.
The Momentum headphones boast a playback time of around seven hours on a charge and 28 hours with a charging case, as well as an IPX4 weather resistance rating so the headphones can withstand bad weather.
Are there any criticisms of the True Wireless Sennheiser Momentum headphones? Not really. Telephone calls via the in-ear microphones are perceived as easily audible and pleasant by the other party, even if the microphones like to make intensive and quick use of the suppression of outside noise, which occasionally cuts off the voice reproduction.
The transparency mode also works well – the addition of the microphones to the music is appealing and inconspicuous, even if a slight noise can be heard in quieter passages.
If, in addition to the not so spectacular unpacking experience, we want to mention a little criticism, it is that the equalizer seems a bit too playful to us. At first it was not quite clear to us where to move the various points in order to get a certain sound image.
4th place: Sennheiser Ambeo Smart Headset
- Max. Sound pressure level: 112dB Connectivity: Wired
The fourth place in our selection this time goes to the winner in the “price-performance” category. The product from the manufacturer Sennheiser has once again chosen the Apple user base as its core target group and is included in the offer at a very affordable price. For this little penny, you can expect visually appealing in-ear headphones, which can convince above all with their good sound quality and coverage of a wide acoustic spectrum. The technical level of the sound recordings, which are recorded via the integrated microphone and used for voice messages and telephone calls, is also in the top league.
The noise canceling of the Sennheiser Ambeo Smat headset was able to satisfy us in all respects and is even able to withstand noisy environments. However, we would have liked the manufacturer to think of an alternative to the rather clunky, sometimes annoying control box with control panels on the headphone cable. However, if this shortcoming doesn’t bother you, you can’t go wrong with our price-performance winner.
5th place: Master & Dynamic True Wireless headphones
- Premium look: Durable yet lightweight earphones, handcrafted from acetate and stainless steel. Quality craftsmanship ensures that no two earbuds look completely alike
- Exceptional acoustics: Powerful 10mm beryllium drivers offer a rich, clear sound experience every time
- Natural fit: Five sets of ear pieces for a custom fit of your ears. Two sets of innovative silicone wings offer additional security and stability
If you want to buy the Master & Dynamic True Wireless headphones, you should have a higher amount of money in reserve. The earplugs are available in many different designs, some of which are visually very different from one another and also differ significantly in terms of price. However, we were impressed by all the models, if our selection had the “Most Beautiful Design” section, first place would clearly go to the various headphones from Master & Dynamic.
The product was made from high-quality materials and was also made by hand, has proven to be excellently processed and thus promises a listening pleasure over a very long period of time. The sound of the device can be described as powerful, broad and at the same time clear and nuanced.
The scope of delivery also includes several ear pieces and silicone wings, so that there should be the right size for every eavesdropper. You connect the earplugs to the desired technical device via Bluetooth; according to the manufacturer, you can even move up to 20 meters away from your device without cutting the connection. The charging station is also a real eye-catcher with its elegant stainless steel design. However, the battery life of just 3.5 hours is not a real highlight.
6. Bose QuietComfort earbuds
- Noise-canceling earbuds: With the active noise reduction in 11 levels, you can enjoy your music, podcasts and videos without distractions. Noise reduction is temporarily deactivated in transparency mode – ideal for spontaneous conversations.
- Bose top sound: lifelike and clear with powerful, deep bass. These noise-canceling headphones in in-ear design are full of innovations and are characterized by a lively, balanced sound at any volume.
- Comfortable: The ear tips of the earbuds are made of soft silicone and are therefore extremely comfortable to wear throughout the day. They are available in three sizes so that you can choose the best fit.
The QuietComfort Earbuds are one of the best true wireless headphones from Bose. If you are interested in a special sound experience, this model will convince you all along the line.
The QuietComfort in-ear headphones can adapt to their surroundings individually. Thanks to the new features, hissing tones and background noise are faded out. The sounds are reproduced cleanly and naturally . You can determine how much you want to perceive yourself. A two-way microphone system ensures that noise is filtered out during calls. So you can listen to your music and talk to your friends on the phone.
The model can be easily networked with the smartphone via Bluetooth. So you can always access messages, videos and your playlists. Thanks to the Bose app, several devices can be connected to the QuietComfort Earbuds.
The headphones are extremely comfortable to wear. The earplugs adapt to the ear and guarantee comfortable and pleasant use . Even when used all day, the QuietComfort Earbuds never becomes a nuisance.
The QuietComfort Earbuds has a lithium-ion battery that offers up to 6 hours of sound enjoyment . With the transport case with charging function, the playback time can even be extended by up to 12 more hours. So you can use the headphones from anywhere.
The great design and the high-quality material make the headphones one of the most popular models from Bose. If you are interested in noise reduction technologies and prefer a lifelike sound, you will love the QuietComfort Earbuds.
7th place: Libratone TRACK +
- Reliable connection: The TRACK Air + True Wireless in-ear headphones connect reliably to your mobile device and stay connected.
- Smart noise suppression: TRACK Air + automatically adapts to your environment and suppresses background noise of up to 30 dB. Can also be adjusted manually.
- Rich, clear sound: These smart noise-canceling headphones offer rich, all-encompassing sound.
The first look at the Libratone TRACK + in-ear headphones reveals the stylish design with which the earplugs were provided by its manufacturer. The Danish product currently costs around 120 to 200 euros to buy and comes with three ear pieces in different sizes. The beautiful sound can be varied in intensity with the help of an app and thus adapted to the individual preferences of the listener. In the sound spectrum category, we have to deduct a few points from the Libratone TRACK +, there are simply models from other manufacturers that simply cover the highs and lows in a more saturated and clearer balance.
The integrated noise canceling has four different levels with which the respective ambient noise can be suppressed to different degrees. At the highest level, you practically don’t notice anything of your surroundings, so the noise canceling works very well. However, if you don’t want to completely isolate yourself from the rest of the world, then you can simply turn the noise suppression down a bit. The headphones can be used by themselves after a short period of getting used to, while the quality of calls also benefits from the integrated noise canceling.
8th place: B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen
- The ADVANCED ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION brings calm to your busy world. The sophisticated hybrid ANC in these earbuds blocks out noisy environments.
- TRANSPARENCY MODE: Quickly keep track of what’s going on in the outside world. Ambient sounds can be switched on again with a simple gesture on the headphone remote control.
- EXPERIENCE COMFORT WITHOUT EQUALITY: These in-ear headphones offer Comply Memory Foam ear pads. It also includes silicone ear pads in four sizes.
In terms of external design, the makers of the B&O PLAY opted for simple elegance, which comes along in visual timelessness. For the high price, you will receive headphones in return, whose Active Noise Canceling System has made large parts of the user base positive. However, there are also individual voices which say that annoying background noises occur again and again while using the product as soon as the headphone cable is touched.
In terms of its technical workmanship, however, the device presents itself as fully developed and confidently plays in the top third of our current list. The reason why we only list the B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen in the eighth position of our article despite its consistently high sound quality, high-quality workmanship and its many individual operating features has to do with the compromises we had to make in terms of wearing comfort. In contrast to many competitor products, the earplugs are only supplied in one size. So it takes a certain amount of luck so that the plugs really have the right dimensions for your eavesdroppers. However, if this is not the case,
9th place: Jabra Elite 65t True Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones
- The advanced 4 microphone technology suppresses unwanted ambient noise and delivers outstanding call quality thanks to the noise suppression zone formed
- Long battery life and stable true wireless connection: With the charging case, the headphones run for up to 15 hours – listening pleasure all day long with the Elite 65t headphones
- Amazingly robust and an improved fit: Weatherproof and protected against dust and moisture according to IP55 – Additional comfort thanks to 3 pairs of precisely fitting eargels in different sizes
In ninth place on our list, we present you a model from the manufacturer Jabra that can be used entirely without cables. In addition to the actual in-ears, three different-sized attachments for the earplugs, a micro-USB cable and a charging case are also included in the scope of delivery. The material quality of the device proves to be of high quality and extremely robust. The sounds that are played back via the headphones can be individually fine-tuned and easily adapted to your personal preferences. With the help of the app, the device can be operated quite easily, although the handling of the tool has proven to be pleasantly uncomplicated.
The Jabra Elite 65t True Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones even offer users the option of connecting two end devices to the earbuds at the same time and then simply switching between the individual devices. However, we have to express some criticism in terms of wearing comfort. Some buyers had an uncomfortable feeling of pressure on their ears after just a few hours, which is extremely annoying, especially in this more upscale price segment. Unfortunately, the sound of the headphones is also not convincing without restrictions and sometimes appears dull and half-baked.
10th place: Pioneer SE-LTC3R-K
- Smaller, smarter, more personal – through direct communication with your iPhone, Rayz delivers intelligent functions that can be adjusted to your preferences – all in one small pair of headphones.
- Smart Noise Canceling – Rayz cuts out noise in your surroundings so you can focus even more on the things you want.
- HearThru Mode – Allows just enough ambient noise to raise awareness of your surroundings.
Our favorite in the “low price” section comes from Pioneer and bears the product name “SE-LTC3R-K”. Before we start raving about the sonic and technical properties of the earplugs, one important point should be mentioned in advance: The Pioneer SE-LTC3R-K are only compatible with Apple products . All users who use devices from other manufacturers should avoid the SE-LTC3R-K, as they simply cannot do anything with this model.
However, if you belong to the exclusive group of buyers, you get an excellent product for less than 50 euros that also comes with some practical functions. With the help of the integrated calibration function, ambient noise is recorded and masked out with the help of the noise canceling system. The noise filter has proven to be extremely reliable, so if you want to immerse yourself in your music playlist or podcast while traveling, without being constantly disturbed by the ambient acoustics, the Rayz Plus is an excellent choice. However, we would like to mention that the noise suppression reaches its limits in strong winds, but in closed rooms there are no compromises in terms of noise canceling.
The reproduced sound proves to be powerful and at the same time well balanced at all times. With the help of Siri, you can use voice control to select a wide variety of functions or start calls. We found the fact that user service is very important at Pioneer to be particularly gratifying. Accordingly, the headphones are supplied with regular, free updates by the manufacturer. Among other things, the performance of the microphone and the transmission quality during the telephone calls have already been improved afterwards.
So if you belong to the group of iPhone users and are looking for an excellent, handy product for use on the go, you are best served with the Pioneer SE-LTC3R-K .
Disclosure: Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.