Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
With so many headsets and headphones currently on the market, it can sometimes seem difficult to find the right model. Anyone looking for a coherent model will quickly come across the manufacturer Razer. And this is not a coincidence. After all, the Californian company has built up a reputation over time for delivering first-class quality with its products, which is particularly beneficial for computer gamers. With our list of the best we would like to help you with the purchase of your next headset or headphones. We’ll show you which 10 Razer models are best for you. Have fun with our selection!
1st place: Razer Nari Ultimate
- HYPERSENSE TECHNOLOGY: The Razer Nari Ultimate relies fully on HyperSense technology, which recognizes certain sound frequencies and uses vibrations to generate tactile feedback that makes the action tangible
- THX SPATIAL AUDIO: THX Spatial Audio breaks the limitations of 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound and offers seamless positional sound in 360 ° for even more natural and lifelike sound; The sound experience gains depth through the simulation of sounds above and below the gamer and inspires through even more immersion
- EAR PADS WITH COLD CONE: Unlike conventional headsets, ear cushions with cold gel prevent heat from building up in the first place, and the dense foam with synthetic leather on the edges of the ear cushions ensures the perfect combination of comfort and sound insulation
The model with the name “Nari Ultimate” earned first place on our list. The closed headset is therefore wireless and its orientation is primarily dedicated to those customers who want to use the device for exciting gaming sessions. In terms of price, the Nari Ultimate is in the upper segment. However, if you are willing to do without the estimated purchase price, the product is one of the best headset representatives currently available on the market. This fact is mainly due to the excellent immersion that the Razer Nari Ultimate delivers. With the help of the L5 haptic driver, a sound image is generated that gives you the feeling of being a real part of the acoustic event. Overall, the sound is presented in an impressively clear quality.
The headset can be connected to a PC, Xbox, Sony’s Playstation and many other mobile devices. Once you have put the Nari Ultimate into operation, you can look forward to up to eight hours of sessions before the device’s battery finally has to be charged. Alternatively, you can couple the device using the mini jack cable included in the scope of delivery.
In terms of wearing comfort, the manufacturer came up with a successful clou to counteract a well-known over-ear headphone problem. Accordingly, Razer integrated a cooling gel into the pads of the earcups to prevent annoying heat build-up. However, we don’t want to withhold from you that the focus of this headset is ultimately on single-player titles. This means that the fold-out microphone is a bit weaker compared to other models, although the bottom line is that it fulfills its purpose very well.
2nd place: Razer Kraken Ultimate
- THX SPATIAL AUDIO: This is the competitive advantage – track down opponents with pinpoint precision and use the position-dependent sound to track down opponents before they are even in sight
- MICROPHONE WITH ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: Absolute clarity in team communication with a highly sensitive microphone that eliminates background noise from fans, air conditioning and other disturbances
- CONSTRUCTION MADE OF ALUMINUM AND STEEL: A frame made of bauxite aluminum and a headband made of stainless steel make the headset light, flexible and incredibly tough – for years of use in intensive gaming sessions
The Razer Kraken Ultimate is positioned right behind our first place. Usually this gaming headset is a bit cheaper than the Razer Nari Ultimate. Anyone who opens the package of the product will quickly notice that the manufacturer has given up unnecessary gimmicks. In addition to the actual headset and the operating instructions, there are only a few stickers for decoration in the scope of delivery. To connect the headset to the corresponding end device, you use the built-in USB cable, which is two meters long and promises consistent freedom of movement. In order to fully exploit the potential of the product, the Synapse software must be installed. You can then use this program to make all the necessary settings and adjustments. On the one hand, you can change the color selection of the luminous logos on the ear cups. A pool of incredible 16.8 million colors is available for this. But the audio settings are also managed with the help of the software. Manual operation on the device is again limited to a volume control and a button for activating spatial audio surround sound.
In practical use, the device comes up with all the strengths typical of the manufacturer. The headset was made of high quality and provided with a harmonious padding, in which a cold gel was also incorporated to prevent heat build-up. Anyone who has fine-tuned the sound with the help of the software can enjoy a flexible sound image. By this we mean that you have various modes available, which in detail amount to preset sound adjustments for pieces of music, films and games. Basically, the sound is balanced and clear, while the bass comes along with the necessary intensity. The noise suppression works precisely, but this sometimes happens at the expense of the voice quality. The Razer Kraken Ultimate has one big downer for all console gamers: There were repeated total failures, especially with Microsoft’s Xbox One. However, PC gamers grab hold of it without hesitation.
3rd place: The price-performance winner: Razer BlackShark V2
- RAZER TRIFORCE 50MM DRIVER: Our brand new patented design can individually tune high, medium and low tones and is like 3 audio drivers in 1 – it produces a clearer sound with fuller highs and an even stronger bass
- RAZER HYPERCLEAR KIDNEY MICROPHONE WITH USB SOUND CARD: Thanks to extra fine-tuning, the detachable microphone of the headset only picks up your own voice, and the USB sound card can be used to further optimize speech output via Razer Synapse
- LATEST PASSIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: From the cheering audience to PC noises, thanks to the special closed ear cups, noises from the outside are filtered out and offer great sound insulation
As you can already see from the headline for our third place, we are introducing you to the winner in the price-performance area at this point. The Razer BlackShark V2 has secured this title, which is usually sold much cheaper than the previous models. The memory foam processed in the ear cups ensures the necessary wearing comfort during use. Although Razer did not incorporate a cold gel in the padding on this headset, this does not mean that it will open the door to annoying heat build-up. The breathable material ensures that there is no excessive heat build-up even when worn for a long time. The mussels shield your eavesdroppers satisfactorily and thus already block out a lot of background noises.
The 1.8 meter long cable does not restrict your freedom of movement while you are wearing it. In order to fully enjoy the qualities of the Razer BlackShark V2, we recommend using the Synpase software, which can be used to fine-tune the various sound adjustments. Thanks to the THX Spatial Audi system, which gives you wonderful 7.1 surround sound, determining your position while playing becomes child’s play. In addition, you have two different gaming sound modes to choose from. The THX Environmental Mode is aimed at all players looking for an immersive single player experience. If you select the competitive mode, you can locate your opponents in multiplayer matches based on their noises. The sound is clear and balanced.
4th place: Razer Hammerhead True Wireless
- CONNECTION WITH ULTRA-LOW LATENCIES: Thanks to extremely low input latencies of just 60 ms, playback never stutters and stays in sync, so that the advantage can be exploited when gaming and videos and music can be enjoyed with even greater immersion
- WATER-REPELLENT DESIGN: Since these earphones are water-repellent, you can train to your favorite music and wear the earphones for a variety of outdoor activities
- CUSTOMIZED 13 MM DRIVERS: The Razer Hammerhead True Wireless has dynamic drivers that have been optimized to provide listening enjoyment at the highest level, with crisp highs and a rich bass
For the next representative in our selection, we leave the field of headsets and dedicate ourselves to an in-ear model. If you decide to buy the Razer hammerhead earphones, you will receive a small charging case as well as some silicone covers in addition to the product, so that you can find the right fittings for your ears. With the help of the companion app, the various operating options of the in-ear model are explained to you. At this point, however, a little more scope would have been desirable. Once you are familiar with how to start pieces of music and activate the voice assistant, you need to test the sound properties of the device.
Razer equipped its model with dynamic 13 mm drivers, which provide you with a thoroughly coherent sound image in practical use. The bass sounds crisp, while the mids of the tracks are powerfully reproduced. However, there is still some room for improvement in the area of heights. Even so, the overall sound is not disappointing at any point. If you activate the specially integrated gaming mode, you can look forward to the fact that delays between image and sound are almost completely eliminated. You particularly benefit from this acoustic synchronicity in dynamic multiplayer matches, in which the acoustic positioning of your opponents often decides on victory or defeat. The battery life of around three hours was unfortunately not particularly generous.
5th place: Razer Kraken X
- Experience 7.1 surround sound for precise, positionally accurate audio in any gaming environment – from explosive all-out wars to covert missions. * Only available under Windows 10 64-bit
- Developed to be extremely light at only 275 g, it delivers first-class sound and hours of fun without the gamer being restricted by the headset
- The kidney pickup pattern records sounds from a narrower angle. It ensures that the voice is heard clearly when speaking and does not pick up noise from the sides or back of the microphone
If you are looking for an affordable headset that is particularly suitable for beginners, the Razer Kraken X is recommended to you. The model also represents a coherent alternative for long-established gamers who want to keep an eye on their budget. In terms of design, the Kraken X presents itself from the simple side. Console gamers connect the product with the 1.3 meter long jack cable, PC gamers can also use the Synapse software to activate 7.1 surround sound. Weighing in at just 250 grams, the Kraken X is one of the lightest headsets on the market. In combination with the ear cups, which have been padded with memory foam, it is comfortable to wear, which also benefits people who wear glasses.
The shells completely enclose your eavesdroppers so that you can fully immerse yourself in the game on the screen. The built-in microphone can be tilted aside as required. The quality of the voice output is solid, but it doesn’t get the big credit due to insufficient noise filtering. The sound generated by the 40 mm drivers is balanced and sharp, and when 7.1 surround sound is switched on, there is a noticeable spatial depth of sound.
6th place: Razer Kraken Tournament Edition
- Complete audio control: THX Spatial Audio ensures even more immersion, and volume, bass levels and even the game / chat balance can be precisely adjusted according to your own preferences. Optimal, individual gaming sound and total control over every aspect of the sound experience
- Game / chat balance: The sound in the game will never drown out the communication within the team again. The game / chat balance makes it easy to fine-tune what should be heard and when. Or with the control in the middle, everything stays the same thanks to the standard mix
- Individually set 50mm drivers: With its 50mm, individually tuned drivers, the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition offers an even wider range of sounds, from almost inaudible footsteps that creep up on you to incredible explosions that sweep everything away
In terms of price, the model is in the middle category and has a simple design. With regard to the color scheme, the provider has a wide range ready for you, which has the right alternative for every taste. As we are used to from Razer, the Tournament Edition of the Kraken series also scores with high-quality material processing. The padded ear cups promise a comfortable fit, while the headband is stable and flexible thanks to its aluminum construction. The ergonomic design of the model is ultimately enhanced by its low weight.
As with some of the headphones that have already been introduced, a cooling gel was also integrated into the ear cups, which successfully counteracts the generation of heat during prolonged use. When developing its headset, Razer also thought of the glasses wearers among you and provided its product with integrated channels for your glasses temples. With the help of THX Spatial Audio, an immersive sound image is created, which helps you to spatially locate your enemies in multiplayer battles. This successful function can optionally be switched on and off. Although the Tournament Edition is mainly aimed at gamers, it also knows how to convince when it comes to playing back pieces of music. The quality of the microphone does not have any noteworthy points of criticism.
7th place: Razer Hammerhead Duo
- DUAL DRIVER TECHNOLOGY: Full, rich sound with the deep bass of a dynamic driver and the detailed high frequencies of a balanced armature driver – perfect crystal clear sound for films, music and games
- SILICONE EAR INSERTS IN FOUR SIZES: The Razer Hammerhead Duo fits perfectly in every ear and the silicone ear inserts in four different sizes ensure a secure fit and rich sound – anytime, anywhere
- ROBUST AND Neat: Thanks to its solid aluminum frame, the Razer Hammerhead Duo is robust enough for everyday use, and the braided cables ensure that there is no tangled cable in the first place
The Razer Hammerhead Duo in-ear headset is in the lower price range and comes in a deep black design. The wearing comfort can be described as safe and comfortable, the insulation against outside noise is surprisingly strong for an in-ear model. With the help of the remote control, which has three buttons, you control the music playback, regulate the volume of your tracks, activate the voice assistant and take calls. The built-in microphone transports your voice reliably and easily understandable, but the quality is clouded by clearly audible noises when the cable is moved.
The sound spat out by the Razer Hammerhead Duo is pleasingly full-bodied. The bass, in particular, appears pleasantly powerful without losing its contour. Compared to this, the midrange seems a bit weaker, vocals and instrumentals within the tracks could have been a bit more dominant here. The heights are mapped consistently, but do not come close to the quality of higher-priced products. With its low purchase price, this rock-solid model should appeal to all of you who are looking for a coherent product, but don’t want to rush to buy the appropriate in-ear model.
8th place: Razer Thresher
- UP TO 16 HOURS OF WIRELESS USE: With up to 16 hours of wireless use on a single charge, Razer Thresher allows the PS4 to play for longer without worrying about getting disconnected
- POWERFUL 50MM DRIVERS: Get right in the middle of the action. The Razer Thresher for the circumaural design of the PS4 with powerful 50 mm driver units delivers crystal-clear sound
- LIGHT EAR PADS, COVERED WITH ARTIFICIAL LEATHER: The light ear pads made of memory foam and synthetic leather always sit comfortably even during intensive gaming marathons and adapt to the individual head shape without any problems
The Razer Thresher headphones look and feel like a PS4 headset, but can just as easily be used as a PC headset. The first thing you’ll likely notice is the blue backlit design that goes with the PlayStation’s branded blue and black colors. This stands out against Razer’s green and black palette and is a great choice for console gamers. Another great feature is the 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity. If you’re a console gamer, it is not always possible to keep a USB input or even a 3.5mm input free. The wireless connectivity here offers far less delay than Bluetooth and means that you can stream the sound from your TV to your headset.
This also means that you can use the headphones to watch movies. For this particular model, Razer partnered with Dolby to fine-tune the sound quality, rather than THX, which is an interesting move but is better for playing on TV as Dolby is a more common surround provider for the couch viewing experience. The whole thing is rounded off by a retractable microphone and a really solid build quality with leather-like ear cups and really nice design features. The padded ear cups ensure that your listeners are embedded in a comfortable environment made of synthetic leather while playing.
The sound is from a neutral to a subtle side. The well-balanced sound seems unexcited, only the basses are brought into the foreground, without being overly dominant. The highs are clearly worked out without overdriving, but a little more fine-tuning would have been useful at this point. Overall, the Razer Thresher reliably masters the various styles of music, but it is most reliable when it comes to gaming. The mids fall back a bit in view of the slightly superficial bass.
9th place: Razer Hammerhead Bluetooth
Razer Hammerhead Bluetooth – wireless in-ear headset with up to 8 hours of battery life for Apple iPhone and Android (earbuds earphones, 10 mm driver, in-line remote control, collar with magnetic clip)
- Up to 8 hours of continuous listening pleasure on a single charge: Now you can get through your day carefree, from driving to work in the morning to jogging in the evening
- Customized 10mm Drivers for Unparalleled Audio Quality: Compared to the industry standard 6mm, the Razer Hammerhead BT’s drivers are significantly larger to deliver a louder, clearer audio experience
- Integrated Remote Control Compatible with iOS and Android: When you’re on the go, it’s important to be in control without having to fumble around on your mobile device
Like so many products from the manufacturer Razer, the Hammerhead Bluetooth earphones also come in a poison green color. The in-ears address those users who attach great importance to a wireless connection with the end device. While many other offshoots of the Hammerhead series come up with a dominant bass image, the corresponding segments in the case of the Hammerhead Bluetooth are somewhat more in the background. However, this fact is not at the expense of the bass quality, but rather creates a more balanced overall picture. The quality of the mids also corresponds to the current standards, but unfortunately tends to overdrive in some places. Again, there is little or nothing to complain about at the heights.
In terms of price, the Razer Hammerhead Bluetooth is in the midfield. When you buy this model, you will receive four pairs of earplugs of different sizes, so you can quickly find the right size for your eavesdroppers. If you have chosen the right size, you will find that the passive noise isolation of the in-ear headphones works remarkably well. There is nothing to complain about in terms of material, the workmanship of the product appears robust and promises long-term use. The luminous applications on the earphones not only serve aesthetic purposes, but also serve as visual feedback. For example, the patterns start to shine when the model is switched on and flash when you connect the in-ears to an external device via Bluetooth. The remote control was integrated in the cable, which is about 63 centimeters long. You can use the small device to start and stop tracks, adjust the volume and skip individual songs.
The built-in microphone allows you to make phone calls with ease. In most cases, the connection via Bluetooth works without any problems worth mentioning. However, some buyers complained that there may be brief dropouts or compatibility problems from time to time. The battery life is around eight hours.
10th place: Razer Hammerhead USB-C ANC
- ACTIVE NOISE REDUCTION VIA USB-C CONNECTION: Active Noise Reduction (ANC) eliminates annoying background noise as effectively as larger headsets so that nothing stands in the way of phenomenal sound
- DUAL DRIVER TECHNOLOGY: Full, rich sound with the deep bass of a dynamic driver and the detailed high frequencies of a balanced armature driver; Optimized for THX Spatial Audio – for immersion without equal
- COMFORT THANKS TO COMPLY EAR INSERTS: More comfortable, secure, comfortable fit in the ear and improved sound insulation thanks to Comply t-500 ear inserts
Before we get closer to the end of our list of the best, let’s take a closer look with you at the Razer earphones with the model name “Hammerhead USB-C ANC”. As the name of this model suggests, the wired in-ears are only coupled via a USB-C port. Before you buy, make sure that your device has the appropriate input. When you buy the Hammerhead USB-C ANC headphones, Razer gives you a practical carrying case and a total of five different earphone adapters. The plugs then reliably shield your ears against disruptive ambient noise, so the passive noise suppression works precisely. However, it should be mentioned at this point that the quality of the shielding from external noise sources is good in and of itself,
The workmanship of the in-ear plugs and cables is valuable and stable. Razer promises you a rich sound thanks to the integrated dual driver technology. However, this model cannot always fulfill the manufacturer’s promises one hundred percent. The basses could have been a bit more full-bodied, and the mids are comparatively discreet in the background. The bottom line is that the sound is solid, but it is a bit high-pitched. These points of criticism are significantly less important with acoustic pieces than with driving numbers. While we have already positively emphasized the model’s passive noise suppression, we should finally take a look at its active counterpart. The ANC of the in-ears reduces the outside noise,
Disclosure: Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.